[PD] how to pack symbols together and eliminate the space?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Apr 10 08:29:21 CEST 2007

hard off wrote:
> IOhannes, is makesymbol going to be zapped from zexy in the future?

i don't think so (though i would love to...)

> is there any particular reason why we shouldn't use makesymbol?

not really, apart from the fact that it really does not do what it
claims to do.
it _should_ have been a better [makefilename], and it turned out to be a
worse one: while [makefilename] at least supports 2 types of formatting
(%s and %d), [makesymbol] only allows one (%s).
the only good thing about this object is its name....

i suggested [l2s] mainly, because you can also use it to "pack symbols"
of a 3 element list, or a 12 element list (which btw, you cannot do with
[makesymbol], or an N element list.

fmas.dr
IOhannes