[PD] ggee compiling for x86_64 (resolved)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Apr 10 22:56:21 CEST 2007

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On Apr 10, 2007, at 7:13 AM, Patco wrote:
>
>> hello,
>>  I had to remove '+' just after CFLAGS in makefile.sub for having ggee
>> externals compiled for an amd64
>>
>> http://pure-data.cvs.sourceforge.net/pure-data/externals/ggee/
>> makefile.sub?revision=1.1&view=markup
>> makefile.sub line 19:
>>
>> CFLAGS + = -fPIC -DPD $(WARNFLAGS)
>
> Hmm, feel like making this into a cross-platform patch?

i believe this is a cludge and breaks more things than it fixes.
the "+=" means something different than "=".
it seems though, that "+ =" is interpreted differently from "+=", this
is why the compilation fails. (the latter works just fine)

if günter (or someone else with make knowledge) can confirm this, it
would be good to just change the makefile.sub.

mfa-sdr
IOhannes