[PD] all-about-curved-envelopes (Was: Re: ead~?)

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Fri Apr 13 11:50:40 CEST 2007

On 12/04/2007, at 5.44, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> There is already a 'doc' section of CVS.
> all_about_curved_envelopes.pd would go well into pure-data/doc/
> pddp/ with the other all_about patches.

Yeah. I carefully checked it wasn't added prior to posting.

I haven't fund a good enough reason to have write access to the CVS
repo yet. Maybe nagging is good enough 8-)

> On the topic of curves, I've been checking in a bunch of curve
> objects to the mapping library.  I just realized that these would
> be potentially useful here.

Um, they are all nice objects for mapping the interval [0, 1] to [0,
1] with a bijective map - that maps 0 to 0 and 1 to 1. Indeed. But
envelopes are rather (this might be a sloppy home-brew definition?) a
non-injective map from [0,1] to [0,1] that maps {0,1} to 0.

So potential, yes, thanks. I'll see if i can't find time to look into
it. It's properly just involves changing the map's/expr's a bit.

However I would be surprised if most of the, in digital synthesis,
commonly just envelops don't float about already. Hence making a
fairly exhaustive all_about(_curved)_envelopes.pd would be grab to
the pocket from a few experienced users.

Well. I'll see what i can do with my novice skills.