[PD] [PD-announce] Pd-0.39.2-extended-rc1 released

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Apr 15 20:50:27 CEST 2007

On Apr 15, 2007, at 10:16 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,

>> There are two important changes in this release:
>>
>>    * DejaVu Sans Mono is now default font
>>    * same sizes and layout on all platforms
>
> With some recent patches posted here, e.g. your curve mappings, I've
> encountered some messy display issues when opening them on standard
> Pd, see attached screenshot, where I marked the locations. Is this
> related to the different spacings of the new fonts used or was this
> just "sloppy patching"?

Thanks for the note.  It was neither, it was a actually
laziness.  ;)  I basically wrote one helpfile for the curves, and
just copy it for the new curve objects as I write them, and used a
regexp to replace the object names.  Right now, for the mapping
library, we are mostly in the phase of generating as many different
objects as possible.  Then we will work on figuring out what fits
were, what's useful, what's not, and of course, making much better docs.

But basically, we don't want to spend a lot of time documenting now,
because things could change a lot.  Feel free to fix/add to the help
patches if you feel inspired.

.hc