[PD] Time-based audio recording and analysis

Jared linux at fridaythang.com
Mon Apr 16 21:32:40 CEST 2007

I'm interested in having a PD function which, when activated, records
audio for a set amount of time (probably about 5 seconds), performs an
analysis on that recorded audio, and then outputs the result. I'm
specifically doing frequency analysis but can't imagine that would matter.

Any suggestions on how to allow something to run for a specific amount
of time would be appreciated. I've searched the list archives, and will
continue to do so, but most of the time-based stuff I'm seeing is how to
keep track of time rather than do something for a set length of time.

Thanks for your help!
-Jared