[PD] gate's problem

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Apr 17 09:08:45 CEST 2007

Andy Farnell wrote:

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 12:21:21 +0100
> From: Andy Farnell <padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk>
> To: isabel_pires at excite.com
> Subject: Re: [PD] gate's problem
>

> On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 17:52:04 -0400 (EDT)
> "Isabel Pires" <isabel_pires at excite.com> wrote:
>

>> good morning,
>>
>> I have some problems with "gate". when I open saved patch the with gate's
>> objet I ha the message "couldn't create" but if I rename the object it
>> is create.
>
> rename it to [iemlib/gate] and it should always load ok

at least when you are using pd-extended (which i don't know).

and only if you are really using iemlib's [gate]; there are several
others which behave differently.

the (imho) better solution would be to use [spigot] instead of [gate],
since this is a built-in and does not require _any_ hack.

iemlib's [gate]'s only feature (as compared to [spigot]) was that you
could set it's initial state with arguments.
since recent versions of pd, [spigot] does the same. so there are
exactly 0 reasons to continue using this object.

fgmasdr
IOhanens