[PD] Arduino stuff - Summary of answers

Erich Berger eb at randomseed.org
Tue Apr 17 13:55:09 CEST 2007

>> Feb 2007 Erich Berger reported success on Windows, no success on Linux.
>> I cannot find any other reports.
>
> no problems in OSX.
>
> and i guess you just have to set your bluetooth modules in linux in the
> right way..the arduino BT opens just another serial so why say it doesnt
> work on linux..?
>
> i will try it ltr,
> /alejo

hi,

i tried for quite a while to get arduino bt talking to my ubuntu dapper
drake / gnome. but at the end my knowledge about linux was obviously not
enough. i also think that it should be no problem to get it working,
but how?! was the big question for me.
it might be that other distros would work better for that in a generic
way. anyway i know that my bt works, i can transfer files to other
bt hosts etc, but i was not able to get a working rfcomm to bt arduino.
i would be happy if somebody could work it out. part of my quest is
documented in the arduino forum.

cheers

erich