[PD] GEM: animations II

Damian Stewart damian at frey.co.nz
Thu Apr 19 09:58:29 CEST 2007

Javier García wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been looking for information about the OBJ format which Pd uses to
> import 3d models. I've found out this format doesn't support animations, so
> if i try to implement code to load models with animations integrated I
> should forget the OBJ format, and remake the job about loading 3d models
> with another 3d format as base.

Hmm, that doesn't sound right.

What kind of animations? If you're animating 3D objects, normally you're
talking about skeletal animations - in which case, the usual way to do
things is to have the model defined in one file (the .obj file), and
another file defining the skeleton and the animation keyframes.

--
Damian Stewart
+64 27 305 4107

f r e y