[PD] list without spaces

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Apr 19 16:05:24 CEST 2007

gottlieb wrote:
> dear List,
>
> This is a pretty basic query, I think.
> I am trying to make a sample-scrambler where I can nbavigate through a
> large database of samples.  I'm using soundfiler to load all the samples
> and tabplay~ .  I named all the samples array# (array1,array2,etc) I am
> trying to use list to allow me to shift the numeric value at the end of

usually you don't do it like that.

> the array message, but how can I get rid of the space between 'array'
> and the new number?  Or, is there another way to do this?

several.

[makefilename array%d] will give what you asked for.

with older versions of pd (<0.40) you should probably use a naming
scheme like 3array in order to be able to better modularize your patch.
then you could construct the tablenames dynamically either with
[makefilename %darray] or with [symbol $1array(, and you get the benefit
of being able to easily expand the number of slots with stuff like
[slot 3] which in turn calls [table $1array].

with newer versions of pd (>=0.40) you can also use $args within the
symbols (e.g. [symbol array$1(

mfga.sdr
IOhannes