[PD] Linux - which distribution to use?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Apr 20 00:30:52 CEST 2007

Hallo,

> It would be quite straightforward to make debian packages from the Pd-
> extended build system.  I helped nando from CCRMA make PlanetCCRMA
> packages from the Pd-extended build system, so we worked out most of
> the kinks.

Are these seperate packages for externals/abstractions and Pd itself?
The Debian packages for Pd are already very good and current thanks to
Guenter's work for several years, as are the Gem packages. But what's
missing is a package with more externals for those, who don't want to
compile everything on their own. As this package is more likely to
collect lots of bug reports in the Debian BTS (because of sheer size
of the package) and thus may put quite a burden on the official Debian
maintainer, this pd-externals package may be easier to maintain
outside of Debian.

Ciao