[PD] [PD-dev] pidip on Mac OS X gives Symbol not found: _quicktime_video_length

Yves Degoyon ydegoyon at free.fr
Fri Apr 20 09:40:21 CEST 2007

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>I am trying to get pidip working in the Mac OS X auto-builds.  It is
>now building beautifully, and automatically including all of the
>needed dylibs into the Pd.app.  But when I try to use it, I get this
>error
>
>/Applications/Pd-0.39.2-extended-rc2.app/Contents/Resources/
>Scripts/../extra/pidip.pd_darwin: dlopen(/Applications/Pd-0.39.2-
>extended-rc2.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/pidip.pd_darwin,
>10): Symbol not found: _quicktime_video_length
>   Referenced from: /Applications/Pd-0.39.2-extended-rc2.app/Contents/
>Resources/Scripts/../extra/pidip.pd_darwin
>   Expected in: dynamic lookup
>
>This is using the most recent version of libquicktime that is
>included in Fink:  0.9.4-1013.   My guess is that pidip needs a newer
>version of libquicktime.  Is there any workarounds?
>
>.hc

pidip would work with this version of libquicktime on linux
( it was working with 0.9.1 )

are you sure you load pdp _before_ pidip?
else, i dunno about linking options in OSX
you can have a look at the makefile of :
http://tdegoyon.free.fr/pdp_pidip_osx.tar.gz

masalami,
sevy

ps : btw, any pd'ers in tel-aviv/jerusalem/ramallah/hebron ??
just reply privately and see if we can have a beer.