[PD] GEM Windows long term

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 17:47:26 CEST 2007

Has anyone done a long term (90 days or more) installation using GEM and
Windows (XP)?  I can't get a machine to not freeze every two weeks or less.
The freeze is basically the GPU stops rendering and Pd stops responding but
other apps and the OS work.  This affects both ATI and NV GPUS.  Even
destroying and creating the context every day or even rebooting periodically
does not prevent freezing at random times.  I can only guess at the cause
because there is no log like a crash or kernel panic would give.

Please refrain from the 'use Linux' rhetoric as that will not fix the
problem on Windows.

Thanks