[PD] pd 64 binary and gem 64 binary

Kevin McCoy km.takewithyou at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 21:14:43 CEST 2007

Now I am running Pd on a PowerPC G5 (64-bit) Debian install; will I
gain anything from compiling externals for my machine vs. using
precompiled generic ppc binaries?  I read somewhere that it can
execute 32-bit code but that it is not optimized and I wonder if this
is the case with Pd.  I don't understand the theory behind this design
of things so any info would be nice.  Just something I was curious
about.

Kevin