[PD] GEM Windows long term

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sat Apr 21 02:34:43 CEST 2007

i've setup a few computers with pd/gem (on windows XP) for some
installations in a museum and the staff didn't report any problems yet
(it was maybe one and a half year ago), though it could also be that
they didn't notice/report it.
the gem-patch is only running 8hours a day (the computers are not shut
down correctly, but switched off by switching off the current) and it
seemed to work without any poblems yet. i can't recall the exact specs
of the computers and the graphic cards (but i think they had intel p4
cpu and nvidia pci-express low profile graphic cards). if the exact
information would be usefull for you, i could request it, i think.