[PD] Analysis on a wav file?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Apr 23 08:58:48 CEST 2007

Jared wrote:

> So I guess I have two separate questions. First, how can I get PD to
> record a set amount of audio, either to a file or to an array (if anyone
> can let me know which would be preferable and why I'd love to hear your
> advice).

[tabwrite~]

> Second, how to perform analysis on a wav file or a stored array.

[tabread], [tabread4]

2 remarks:
i propose to use tables because you are talking about short samples, so
there is no need to put them on hard disk (which is slow and therefore
only good if you need your RAM elsewhere)

[tabread] is just for starters, when you know what you are doing; while
you can basically do "everything" with it, it might be uncomfortable.
(but otoh it is plain pd)
more advanced table analysis tools are in the vbap and the iem_tab
libraries.

but imo, you really should go and try to do it with [tabread], if only
for the sake of portability and learning.

fmga.
IOhannes