[PD] high level beat detection

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Wed Apr 25 09:41:27 CEST 2007

Hi Ronny,

I've cc'd this in to the list because it might be of general interest.

I managed to get the aubio library, and the PD examples working on Linux
and OS X. I think this is fairly straightforward.

First you need to ensure that you have the aubio library installed,
probably by compiling it yourself.

The PD examples for aubio are in the plugins/puredata directory of the
source tree. You will need to make sure that the compiled external
'aubio.pd_linux' is in your PD search path. Then you need to invoke pd
with the arguments '-lib aubio'. The externals can then be loaded as
usual: [aubioonset~] etc.

>From the fact that you are talking about .dll files, I assume you are on
the Windows platform. I'm not sure if it is possible to run aubio on
Windows. If you have trouble with this, I recommend you ask on the
aubio mailing list.

Also, did you try [bonk~]?

best,

Jamie