[PD] Test Audio: just trying to hear anything

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Wed Apr 25 11:16:32 CEST 2007

Javier García wrote:

> Sorry, what do you mean with "alsaconf"?

http://www.linuxmanpages.com/man8/alsaconf.8.php

"Alsaconf is a simple shell script which tries to detect the sound cards
on your system and writes a suitable configuration file for ALSA. It
will try to guess what GNU/Linux distribution you're running, and will
act accordingly to the standards of that distribution, if specific
support is available.

Alsaconf will write a modutils snippet which can be then used by
modutils to load the correct parameters for your sound card. "

It's very useful as long as you have one soundcard. I recommend to start
here.

It sounds to me like you're still struggling with the basics of ALSA.
You might read some of the ALSA and Linux Sound documentation listed
under "Documentation" and "Installation" here:

http://alsa.opensrc.org/Main_Page

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl