[PD] Arduino+firmata - digital input (pull-up) - for Hans

João Miguel Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 26 15:45:11 CEST 2007

Hello Hans and list,

we're in the workshop with Sukandar in Berlin, and something strange just
happened. My arduino isn't the newest, it has with the ATMEGA8 chip (the
one we got in Zürich some time ago). I've put the latest firmata into it,
and the analogue stuff worked quite well.

While doing some digital inputting (just simple switches) a few things
happen:

- the inputs/outputs don't match: if the switch is connected in the input
2, it comes out from 5 (the same to all other inputs, although I didn't
mapped them). But consequently, if I switch the input 2 off, the output 5
switches off.
This doesn't happen on other participants who have the newest arduino
board.

- someone here mentioned that the arduino has its own pull-up resistors.
but in the firmware they're switched off, and we found no possibility to
switch it in the arduino-test patch. so we must build our own pull-up
resistors in the circuit, outside.
is it possible with this firmata to activate the pull-up resistor in
arduino from the pd patch? if not, do you think you're going to implement
it? or could you tell just quickly how enable it?

Thanks,

João Miguel Pais

--
Friedenstr. 58