[PD] [PD-dev] pidip on Mac OS X gives Symbol not found: _quicktime_video_length

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Apr 27 02:31:26 CEST 2007

Hmm, so now I got libquicktime updated to 0.9.10 and the quicktime
error went away, but now I get this:

/Applications/Pd-0.39.2-extended-rc2.app/Contents/Resources/
Scripts/../extra/pidip.pd_darwin: dlopen(/Applications/Pd-0.39.2-
extended-rc2.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/pidip.pd_darwin,
10): Symbol not found: _theora_decode_YUVout
   Referenced from: /Applications/Pd-0.39.2-extended-rc2.app/Contents/
Resources/Scripts/../extra/pidip.pd_darwin

I have these Fink packages:

i   libtheora0         1.0-0.alpha5  Open-source video compression
library
i   libtheora0-shlibs  1.0-0.alpha5  Theora shared libraries

./configure reports this:

checking for theora_encode_init in -ltheora... yes

When I look at the final linking statement, it is missing a -
ltheora.  It looks like you have configure.ac setup to link the
static libs in.  For Fink, just including a -ltheora should work.

.hc