[PD] Flute synthesis

alberto.zin at poste.it alberto.zin at poste.it
Sat Apr 28 10:33:52 CEST 2007

Flute synthesis in PD: great!!!

Nicolas cited the work by
P. de La Quadra about flute sound synthesis:
is there any sample around?

Nicolas wrote:

> I can handle the [orc-flute-1] object.
> A month or two for the simple release...

What about the complex one ;-)? Joking, thanks,
for taking care about it...
Definitely I'll be interested
in testing it, in particular the fully-featured
physical model ("the complex one"). I've the
suspect that the "complex" model can only be handled
by externals objects coded in C,
maybe the "simple" one could be vanilla-pd?

As a flute player (at least I was few years ago...)
I'll be inflexible in judging the results ;-)

---
About flute synthesis I also found this:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct03/articles/synthsecrets.htm

An interesting emulation (not really convincing) was made by

http://dmi.smartelectronix.com/flute.html

in VST for mac and win. Anyway, I never tried P. Cook
STK objects, how is fidelity to real instrument there?

All the best,

Alberto Zin

http://puredata.org/Members/AlbertoZ