[PD] RRADical users: Memento changes

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Mon Apr 30 10:53:37 CEST 2007

On 30/04/2007, at 10.20, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Dogma Zero
> ----------
>
> You should only follow your own Dogmata.

Surely. But sharing ideas about what is good still is a good thing.
It helps form individual ideas about it. If a majority of folks agree
on a certain style then it makes a(n unofficial) standard. Thats why
i bumped in. And thanks again for sharing.

> Every self-respecting Dogma-collection has to be provocative (and
> shouldn't be taken too serious).

As above. Of cause :-)

> The B&W Dogma definitely is a style question

I think it all is about style (with in (this) culture).

> IMO color is best used to indicate where the action is [...]

Agreed. That's what i tent to do my self.

>  And for emphasising certain code paths, subpatches probably are
> even better [...]

Sometimes though im inconsistent with it, as I  sometimes find it
nice to have "the guts" right at hand, and at the same time have the
"conventional"/obvious controls (for that given patch) highlighted.

Also some help patches uses [cvn] quite clever to highlight and
separate the object from the needed surroundings, which i a learning
situation is better then hiding the surroundings in a subpatch.

This makes this email a loop, as I'm now ready (or you/one might find
it appropriate) to be refer me to Dogma Zero again.

I'll exit the loop instead.

Best, Steffen