[PD] dollar argument

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Apr 30 12:23:43 CEST 2007

Hallo,
ronny vanden bempt hat gesagt: // ronny vanden bempt wrote:

> First a small question, that maybe you know: how can I reply to a message on
> the mailinglist, when I only receive digests?

I don't know, this depends on your mailing software. You can always
trim you quotes manually and CC the mail to pd-list at iem.at

> But then for the dollarsign: I put the object [symbol $1] between the bang
> and message box I use, but I still get an error. Now the error says:
> -window: no such object.

Yeah, that's a problem when you don't supply any argument to the
abstraction. Empty arguments are assumed to be 0 and thus you need to
use [f $1] instead of [symbol $1]. Or use [symbol $1-window] with
different message box contents or use the catch-all-types approach:
[list append $1]

Another possibility is to use a send-object instead of
semicolon-messages. Sender objects are nicer anyways IMO.

See attached patch for all this in action.

Ciao