[PD] Use of toggle?

Jared linux at fridaythang.com
Mon Apr 30 20:48:33 CEST 2007

I'm using PD to do sound filtering and analysis would like to have the
live audio passed along only at certain points. That is, the output from
adc~ will sometimes continue on to other patches and sometimes I want it
to stop. I was hoping to use toggle, but misunderstood how it works as
it seems to become toggled for *any* input, not just bangs. I was hoping
it would stay untoggled, and not allow the input to be sent through the
output.

What I would like is to be able to have a toggle (or other patch) that,
when on, allows the input stream to continue through and, when off, does
not pass anything through its output.

I feel like this should be a simple task, but I've been struggling and
I'm still not sure how to do it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
-Jared