[PD] Use of toggle?

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Tue May 1 05:17:16 CEST 2007

Hi Jared,

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 01:48:33PM -0500, Jared wrote:
> What I would like is to be able to have a toggle (or other patch) that,
> when on, allows the input stream to continue through and, when off, does
> not pass anything through its output.

Toggle itself doesn't do filtering - the inlet is so you can turn it on
and off or set the value. What you want to do is to use the toggle to
interrupt the flow. Roman posted the solution for doing this with an
audio stream. If you're filtering a message or control stream instead
replace the [*~] with a [spigot]. The right inlet of spigot determines
what goes through from the left inlet to the left outlet.

Best,

Chris.