[PD] Pd-extended and Windows Media Player Classic issue

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue May 1 21:36:32 CEST 2007

On Apr 30, 2007, at 7:16 PM, Thomas Mayer wrote:

> Thomas Mayer wrote:
>> I'm guessing that, because Gem cannot read any movie file, and that
>> seems to be the same problem with WMPC now.
>
> I meant that Gem has problems with some movie files and that seems
> to be
> the case with WMPC.

Pd-extended does not install DLLs into the globally accessible place
(i.e. \WINDOWS\system32)  They are all installed into Program Files\pd
\bin.  These are the DLLs that are installed, the only one I think
might have a conflict is msvcp71.dll.

libogg-0.dll
libsndfile-1.dll
libvorbis-0.dll
libvorbisenc-2.dll
libvorbisfile-3.dll
msvcp71.dll
pd.dll
pdtcl.dll
pthreadGC2.dll
tcl84.dll
tclpip84.dll
tk84.dll

It sounds like your problem lies elsewhere.  From what I have seen,
QuicktimeAlternative is a big kludge, so I am not surprised it would
break.  Try VLC player, it's a great media player that happens to be
free:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

.hc