[PD] Implementing "switch-and-ramp" technique to cancel discontinuities

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed May 2 09:35:17 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm having a hard time implementing the "switch-and-ramp" technique to
cancel out discontinuous control changes as described in Miller's Book
at http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/techniques/latest/book-html/node63.html

In attached patch I tried to build a very simple example of the
technique in action (The Book lacks a Pd example as far as I see),
however it only works if the discontinuity is one starting a zero
again. Everything else actually amplifies the discontinuity instead of
getting rid of it. Does anyone have an idea how to fix that?

Ciao