[PD] Learning PD and creating a looper by example

Kevin McCoy km.takewithyou at gmail.com
Wed May 2 19:00:12 CEST 2007

Hi Chris,

I started pd last May and the audio examples in the help really are quality,
even if they're a little dry at times they teach what you need to know in
increments.  I would work your way up to the sampler examples, and then
maybe you can take off from there.

For pitch recognition I think a lot of people use the [fiddle~] object,
although I am sure you will want to do other things first.

Good luck,
Kevin

On 5/1/07, Chris Delahousse <dahouse7 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> I'm relatively new to Pure Data and aside from a brief flirtation with
> Max/MSP, I don't have much experience with graphical programming. I've
> read
> the manual and understand the fundamentals, but I was wondering if anybody
> knew any good sites to learn with given examples and whatnot.
>
> My ultimate goal is to create a glorified looper with some forms of pitch
> recognition and sound synthesis. Does anybody know any well commented and
> easily understandable examples to help me out with this?
>
> Thanks

> Win a webcam! Nominate your friend's Windows Live Space in the Windows
> Live
> Spaces Sweetest Space Contest and you both could win!
> http://www.microsoft.com/canada/home/contests/sweetestspace/default.aspx

++++
http://pocketkm.blogspot.com