[PD] [OT] some tracks, pics of my exhibition

Kevin McCoy km.takewithyou at gmail.com
Wed May 2 22:22:55 CEST 2007

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your comments.  With regard to methods here, I was making all of
these sounds in Pd, writing them as wav files, and then arranging / cutting
/ pasting in Ableton.  The arranging could have probably been done in any
software; Ableton was just the easiest in terms of picking from a library of
samples and throwing them on a timeline.  I wasn't really adding any special
effects there, just some EQ in some cases.

elea is one of my favorites, that one is a set of many samples (mostly from
a contact mic) vocoded against another sample I had created using Frank's
[specdelay~] abstraction.  When I figured out how to smooth fft vocoding
with [vectral~] it was a huge inspirational "light bulb" - if you vocode
several samples against one constant sample and put the results together,
they tend to reside in the same frequency zones and come to compliment one
another with variations.  xaxado uHz was mostly with Derek's particlechamber
on some sounds from walking in snow, and cyctast was from this little
"skipperflipper" patch I had in January.

I haven't really heard Nurse With Wound before, but I will check it out
since you made the reference :)

thanks
Kevin

--