[PD] work around for delread~ and delwrite~ on 03.92 extended on mac intel osx 10.4.9

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Thu May 3 17:53:22 CEST 2007

Hey Greg,

On 03/05/2007, at 10.32, Greg Pond wrote:

> As someone with little programming experience, my understanding is
> spotty concerning the 03.92 extended/mac intel osx delread/write~
> situation. I test it in the help file and it doesnt work. It seems
> from this that it may have been resolved and I just don't know where
> or how to do fix it for myself:
> http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2007-01/046044.html
> If someone with more experience is willing to explain it to me or can
> suggest a way to work around it to achieve similar results, I would be
> very grateful. I checked the archives and the bug tracker and just
> dont quite get it.

As you have seen in the bug tracker it has not been resolved yet.

That email you point to is just some test builds to see if the
disfunction of delread/write had to do with the mentioned compile
flags. I don't actually have those test builds anymore and they
didn't contain any externals. And also the GUI wasn't as slick as
those build by Hans C. Steiner. Properly since i used the Tcl/Tk that
ships with OS X.

One thing you could try is to build it your self. There is a wiki [1]
about it, but it is not fully up to date. And to be quite frank I'm
not sure it makes sense to build Pd-extended one self as the releases
are made for all platforms. Well right now it might.

Another thing you could do, and is what i currently do while testing
the nightly builds and report to the bug tracker, is to get the
Miller version, version 0.40-2, pre-build of his website [2]. If you
use externals you could snap them out of the Pd-extended or build
them you self.

I hope this helps just a bit.

[1] http://puredata.info/docs/developer/MacOSXFink
[2] http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/software.html