[PD] call for PDP testing on Mac OS X

Nose Hair nosehair911 at bellsouth.net
Fri May 4 03:41:34 CEST 2007

I have been trying to test PDP on os 10.4.9 but it seems as though
pdp_glx does not work so I cant create a window to view pdp_noise and
try any of the other thing in it.  Also quicktime support is still
not working but thanks for all your hard work. This would be a great
thing to get working for the mac platform.

Alain

On Apr 27, 2007, at 5:07 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Ok, I updated libquicktime so it should include libavcodec
> support.  That's my guess as to what's happening here.  A local
> Fink install won't make a difference since all of the libs are
> included in the Pd.app.
>
> Please try one of the auto-builds:
>
> http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/latest/
>
> They might not all work until tomorrow, since I fixed it this morning.
>
> .hc
>
> On Apr 27, 2007, at 9:12 AM, <nosehair911 at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
>> I am getting the unsupported codec errors too with every codec
>> I've tried.  Is Fink a requrement for
>> running pdp_qt?  Maybe I should install Fink and try again tonight.
>>
>> Alain
>>

>>> From: marius schebella <marius.schebella at gmail.com>
>>> Date: 2007/04/26 Thu PM 09:43:26 EDT
>>> To: Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>
>>> CC: Tim Boykett <tim at timesup.org>,  pd-list at iem.at
>>> Subject: Re: [PD] call for PDP testing on Mac OS X
>>>
>>> hi,
>>> I tried pdp_qt, but had no luck yet. on pd-40.2 no libraries were
>>> loaded, have to test why, and on 0.39.2-rc2 I get this error
>>> messages
>>> with all my files....
>>>
>>> pdp_qt: opening /Users/marius/Desktop/test1.mov
>>> pdp_qt: video stream found (720x480 pixels, 30 fps, 567 frames,
>>> jpeg codec)
>>> pdp_qt: WARNING: unsupported video codec
>>> pdp_qt: ERROR: no usable video stream found.
>>>
>>> I will see if I find a working codec. but even foto jpeg did not
>>> work.
>>>
>>> pidip also does not seem to start correctly...
>>>
>>> /Applications/Pd-0.39.2-extended-rc2.app/Contents/Resources/
>>> Scripts/../extra/pidip.pd_darwin:
>>> dlopen(/Applications/Pd-0.39.2-extended-rc2.app/Contents/