[PD] USB Sound "card"

David F. Place d at vidplace.com
Fri May 4 15:53:27 CEST 2007

Hi, everyone.

I hesitated to post this question, because it seems like such an
obvious FAQ.  I couldn't find the answer by searching around.

My linux workstation has a crappy, noisy sound card.  I want to
replace it with a higher quality device. Preferably outside the box
to avoid interference.  I notice that several manufacturers offer
solutions, Creative, M-Audio, etc.   Is any preferred by Pders?
Please discuss.

I have a digidesign M-Box that I use with pro-tools on my mac.  Of
course, it won't work with linux or, for that matter, with most
versions of Pd on OSX.  I mention it to give an idea of the quality
level that I desire.

Cheers, David

David F. Place
mailto:d at vidplace.com