[PD] USB Sound "card"

Cesare Marilungo cesare at poeticstudios.com
Fri May 4 19:17:40 CEST 2007

David F. Place wrote:
> Thanks, Bryan.  The Edirol UA-25 looks good and the price is right.
> Did you have any trouble getting it to work under linux?  I noticed
> that the manufacturer only supplies drivers for Windows and Mac.

I use a UA-25 too. And it works under linux with no problems at all.

It's a really nice card, the pre-amps are quite good too. The only thing
you should know before buying it is that it doesn't work at 24bit /
96kHz full duplex. You can record or listen at 96kHz but you can't do
both at that sampling rate. If this is important for you, choose another
card. I use it at 24bit / 48kHz.

If you're concerned with latency: I get 5.33ms with a realtime patched
kernel and 10.7ms with the vanilla kernel, which is quite good for a USB
card.

Ciao,

c.

http://www.cesaremarilungo.com