[PD] USB Sound "card"

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri May 4 17:46:25 CEST 2007

Hallo,
David F. Place hat gesagt: // David F. Place wrote:

> Thanks, Bryan.  The Edirol UA-25 looks good and the price is right.
> Did you have any trouble getting it to work under linux?  I noticed
> that the manufacturer only supplies drivers for Windows and Mac.

This doesn't matter.

Or rather: It is a good sign, if a manufacture doesn't provide any
drivers at all for USB devices! Because that means, that the device
doesn't need any special configuration besides what's written in the
USB specification. Then the standard USB driver can be used without
further ado. (Note: One of the reason for the problems the infamous
M-Audio Quattro - and now the Lexicon cards - create is that they
violate the USB specification in a nasty way.)

Ciao