[PD] more paths in pd extended

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat May 5 00:15:53 CEST 2007

On May 4, 2007, at 3:46 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>>> AFAIK it does not work yet - but it should not be that hard to
>>> implement ...
>>
>> That does not work and would be a pain to implement.
>
> why?
>

>> I think that there should just be a libdir called "gemabs" for
>> those pd
>> patches.  If Gem was compiled as single-file-single-class, then this
>> would "just work".
>>

> since Gem objects do share a lot of code, even splitting Gem into a
> lot
> of separate objects (which is planned on the long term) will still
> need
> a "core" which i would implement as a (very small) Gem.pd_linux

I think that the way that Thomas did it with flext makes a lot of
sense.  He made a flext.so and had the objects link to that DLL.
That should work fine with Gem.  It could be something like libgem.so/
libgem.dylib/libgem.dll

.hc

> mfgasr
> IOhannes

----

realize his wishes.  Now that he can realize them, he must either
change them, or perish.    -William Carlos Williams