[PD] plugin~ "bad screen distance" (again)

Cyrille.Damez at laposte.net Cyrille.Damez at laposte.net
Sat May 5 11:08:59 CEST 2007

Le Lundi 30 Avril 2007 16:00, Cyrille.Damez at laposte.net a écrit :
> I'm struggling to get the plugin~  external working (to get LADSPA plugins
> in pd). Whenever I instanciate it in pd, I get an empty box with several
> inputs and outputs and an error message in the console about "bad screen
> distance". It also corrupts every single other node I create after that
> (all of them appear blank and output similar error messages).
> I quickly searched the archive and have seen that several users have had
> the same problem, and that for some, unsetting the LANG environment
> variable fixed the problem, but not for everybody. Unfortunately, I belong
> to the latter category. Has anybody found since another workaround ?

It turned out to be a tcltk problem, not pd one. It affects plugin~ as well as
dssi~ (when loading dssi plugins) and probably other externals as well (Jamie
saw reports in the archives about similar issues with arrays).
I was using TclTk 8.4.9, installing version 8.4.14 fixed it.

Thanks everybody for the help.