[PD] Collision detection [was: Re: Space Invaders 4D Game]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat May 5 15:22:53 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Thomas Ouellet Fredericks hat gesagt: // Thomas Ouellet Fredericks wrote:

> The collisions detection works very well!

Actually I had this unfinished collision detection tutorial on my
disk, that I now finished. It's attached. I use a slightly different
algorithm for collision detection: Instead of chains of [moses] I
calculate the distance and compare it to a configurable distance
allowed for collisions. The patch shows this in action for one and two
dimensions, where the 2-dim case is written in a way to allow higher
dimensional collision detection as well.

For convenience I use some (newer) [list]-abs abstractions but the
principle should be possible to understand even without these.

Maybe this is useful for the Game as well.

Ciao