[PD] Space Invaders 4D Game

Ben Roberts ben at konador.com
Sun May 6 12:31:20 CEST 2007

>Frank Barknecht Wrote:

>I also did a simplification to this nice game: I change the invader.pd to
use an external file for the "model" >of the aliens. It's attached as
invader2.pd ready to be dropped in as replacement for invader.pd (only used
in >enemytest). Make sure, the invader.txt file is next to it.

Thanks for this simplification! I didn't realise that it could be done using
external txt files, it certainly makes it a lot easier to look at and
adjust.

>Frank Barknecht Wrote:

>But explosions have to be implemented in the main game first (that is, the
"destroy" message must not move the >invader out of sight, otherwise the
nice explosion will stay invisible. I leave that as an excercise for the
>reader.

Thank you also for the explosion effect! This is my first pd project and I
was looking for a way to make the invader explode like this, it looks really
good! I'm struggling to find a way to make the enemytest patch send the
command to explode without making all of the other enemies explode too, but
like I say it's my first time using pd but I'm sure I will figure it out
with experimentation, just like I did the rest of it really!

Thank you for your input and help, and taking the time to add improvements,

-Ben