[PD] error: counter: no method for 'reset'

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun May 6 12:20:56 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Kyle Klipowicz hat gesagt: // Kyle Klipowicz wrote:

> This is a great little tutorial, but where is an elegant solution for
> an updown-type counter? I made one a few weeks ago, but it was a mess
> of spigots. I am curious if there is a more efficient (and readable)
> way to do this with an idiom.

A quick way would be to use [select] to reset the direction by sending
"1" or "-1" to the [+ 1]. See attached. [select] is a bit dangerous in
counters, though, as you might never reach the select number if you
directly set the counter with a float, or if you change the borders,
but for quick up-down-counting it works.

Ciao