[PD] flatspace externals in ext39.2

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon May 7 09:08:06 CEST 2007

simon wise wrote:
> On 5 May 2007, at 5:14 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> [classpath] == [declare -stdpath]
>> Adds a path to the global search path.
>
> thats great! - I wasn't aware of [classpath] -- now I can stop
> wrangling preferences/users trying to get different paths and
> libraries for different versions.

> I hope there are plans for inclusion in the miller pd distribution
> soon (though a least it is fairly easy to explain how to add them,
> even to a novice user).

hmm, i don't fully understand your request:
hans just told you that [classpath] (an external) is basically the same
as [decalre -stdpath] (which comes with pd-vanilla)

so why don't you just use [declare]?
apart from the fact, that [declare] has a slightly more complicated
syntax and merges more or less independent functionality, it also has
some advantages: e.g. it is treated specially by pd (it always gets
saved as the very first part of the patch, no matter when you actually
put the object there; i don't think (but otoh i don't know) that
[classpath] can offer you the same)

mfg.a
sdr
IOhannes