[PD] accuracy of signal/message-objects (was: Switch and ramp and accurate timing)

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon May 7 12:04:27 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Roman Haefeli hat gesagt: // Roman Haefeli wrote:

> i made a little vsnapshot~ test patch. it seems that [vsnapshot~] is not
> working as expected, though it definitely gives other results than
> [snapshot~].
> one issue might be introduced by the rounding error of floats. the other
> i cannot explain. vsnapshot~ seems to pick sometimes the wrong value.

Hm, yes, that's probably difficult to get right. Attached is my
vnsapshot~ vs. vline~ patch to examine switch-and-ramp more closely.

It seems, that here's I'm a victim of the dsp tree order: the lower
vline~ generating the ramp is starting a little bit too late. With the
[del] object I found, that the earliest I can see a ramp not equal to
0 is about one blocksize later (1.5 msec).

Still no idea how to get around that ...

Ciao