[PD] mod~ ???

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Mon May 7 19:00:27 CEST 2007

I tried this already, and it's not appropriate in this case. The idea is
to change the start of the loop to any place in the sample. If the
length of the loop is longer than what's left of the sample in the
table, currently I get silence. If I use [wrap~] the way you describe
it, the loop I select always starts at the beginning of the table,
because [wrap~] returns the percentage of the table I have "overshot".

I need a solution where, if the table is 100 places long, I can loop
from 95 back around to 25 if need be. Which is what my theoretical
[mod~] would do. But I simply can't "wrap" my head around how to
construct it. Your [wrap~] solution seems to return a loop starting at 0
which is 30 units long instead.

best,
d.

--