[PD] accuracy of signal/message-objects

martin.peach at sympatico.ca martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Mon May 7 17:32:58 CEST 2007

> marius schebella wrote:
> 2) Is it possible to get microsecond accuracy in metro?
> the difference between metro 200 and 200.5 would be one beat per minute.
> for synchronizing a big difference.
> marius.

[metro] is very accurate over time, it just has a jitter as the bangs have to happen in between sample blocks, but if you measure over say one hour the timing is very accurate. I can run a hydrogen drum pattern with a pd midi patch both running at the same tempo and they stay in sync all day long, (or until hydrogen crashes because of its outrageously photorealist gui...I generally run with all windows minimized.)

Martin