[PD] dsp lowest frequency?

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue May 8 18:21:10 CEST 2007

dc is always the lowest possible frequency, no matter what sr you use.
the issue with nyquist frequency is, that if the frequency of a signal
is too high (>sr/2), then it doesn't 'fit' into the sample-grid anymore.
the only 'limitation' for low frequencies is, that you cannot tell the
exact frequency, if your samplefile is too short. let's say, the period
of your frequency is 10s, but your sample is only 5s long. how can you
tell, that the signal has a frequency of 1/10 = 0.1Hz?

roman