[PD] accuracy of signal/message-objects

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Tue May 8 18:37:47 CEST 2007

On 08/05/2007, at 14.36, Roman Haefeli wrote:

> i think, i understood, what IOhannes explained,

I'm sorry i wasn't cleat about what i didn't understand. By "this
discussion" i mean to refer not only to IOhannes mail but the whole
thread.

"Confusion Is Sex", they say. So i guess it's not necessarily a bad
thing.

> but this is more an issue of concepts than of code itself, i think.

I think so too. Hence my map example.

> is it the difference between logical time and real time ?

No not really. And Marius gave a good shot explaining that.

Marius also ends out with some explanation of the 'block' concept. I
think that what i don't really get.

I understand that decreasing the block size will possible requirer
more computation/logical time then there is real time enough to
complete. And therefore that the information in a block is available
to the program to process. Which also means that after that block has
been processes the information is not longer available. Is that true?
What is a block, what's in it, what properties does it have. Is a
block a sample or is a block made out of a number (being the block
size) of samples? And also Jamie's question: what does the 'v' stand
for?

I suspect there is some digital music fundamentals that I'm lacking.

Thanks for your patients, all of you.