[PD] accuracy of signal/message-objects

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Wed May 9 21:47:16 CEST 2007

First of all thanks for all the elaborate explanations. They are all
greatly appreciated!

On 08/05/2007, at 20.06, Roman Haefeli wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 18:37 +0200, Steffen wrote:
>
>> I understand that decreasing the block size will possible requirer
>> more computation/logical time then there is real time enough to
>> complete.
>
> what do you mean by computational time? logical time and the time, the
> cpu needs to compute something are not the same.

Sorry. I meant the time it takes to compute the DSP.

>>  And therefore that the information in a block is available
>> to the program to process. Which also means that after that block has
>> been processes the information is not longer available. Is that true?
>

> i am afraid, i couldn't fully follow.

What i was thinking about is the information in each block, ie the
samples in each block are forgotten about when the computation/DSP of
that block is done. I'm guessing this, since some object, i guess
again, depends on the block size, that is the samples in the block.
For example if one wants to compute some mean value. - Does the block
size then become the 'window' size, where window is used as the
theoretical term in DSP?