[PD] Processing Video Data

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu May 10 10:40:29 CEST 2007

hi

raul diaz wrote:
> Hi IOhannes, Hi list!

seems like you forgot the list, i added it now...

> I'm making a patch for live video data manipulation with pix_video -->
> pix_resize --> pix_dump
>
>     if you have plenty of cpu left, you could go for Gem's [pix_dump], which
>     dumps the entire image as a list into "pd-space". then you can do
>     whatever you want with it (e.g. use iemmatrix to calculate what you
>     need).
>
>     another solution with Gem might be to use [pix_resize] with a width of 1
>     and then [pix_dump] the image "column".
>

> I want to use this video data to control audio synthesis parameters, but
> first I need to management the list from pix_dump outlet.
> What's the best way to manipulate this data?
> I discard iemmatrix because I haven't found it compiled for windows (and
> I have no idea about compiling externals).
> I have tried to store this list into a table but I had no result.
> Maybe I could use list objects to management video data.

well yes!
once the data is in pd-space (as list) you can use whatever you want to
manipulate it.
i don't think there is a general "best way" to do it.
with recent versions of pd, using [list] is definitely a good choice
(doesn't require any externals)
how have you tried to dump the data into a table and why did it not
work? (in older pd's i would have used zexy's [tabset] instead of
manually unrolling the list and writing the data with [tabwrite]; you
canalso do this with plain pd)

as for iemmatrix, isn't it part of pd-extended? i will put a binary
online today....

fmga.dsr
IOhannes