[PD] pix_record inverting image

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri May 11 20:21:50 CEST 2007

Tim Boykett wrote:

>   I build a capture with pix_snap.
> If I look at the texture coming out of pix_snap by pix_texture-ing it
> onto a rectangle, then it looks right.
> It just gets turned upside down when it gets recorded.....
>
> Any ideas would be great. No huge loss, I am sure it a simple
> post-processing thing to make it look right, but I would like
> to know what is going wrong....

well, openGL originates the image at the bottom-left corner;
pixel-formats differ about this, some have the origin in bottom-left,
others in top-left.
for optimization-reasons, Gem only flags the latter images as "upside
down" and displays them correctly (with special code in [pix_texture]).

obviously there is no corresponding code in [pix_record]...

as a quick hack you can either flip the pixes after recording (with your
favourite editor), or before recording with [pix_flip]

fgmsadr.-
IOhannes