[PD] pix_multiblob cpu usage

nosehair911 at bellsouth.net nosehair911 at bellsouth.net
Fri May 11 21:24:20 CEST 2007

I made a 400x300 motion JPEG-a movie 15 fps with 5 solid blue circles moving on a black background
to test pix_mutiblob. I open it up with pix_film, flip it with pix_flip and send it to pix_multiblob.  I suddenly
notices PD getting very, very slow.  When I look at the cpu usage in activity monitor (if you can believe
activity monitor) I get 100-104% cpu usage.  I cant do anything else in PD because PD gets so slow.  I
am using a dual 2Ghz G5 with ATI Radeon 9800 XT and 3GB of internal memory.  Is this normal? What
can I do to lower cpu usage?  What else can I use within Gem to get the same results? I eventually want
to be able to track 20-30 objects but It looks like it would be imposible at this rate.
Thanks,
Alain