[PD] converting (hebrew) text to numerical values?

Cyrill cduneau at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 21:33:29 CEST 2007

Hi list

I am willing to set up a patch that could convert letters to numerical values, so i could use
converted text to send data to other patches (and then produce sound). My problem is that i want
to work with hebrew, and i want pd to be able to differenciate between consonants and vowels, and
maybe even to be able to recognize roots within the word. As I am quite a novice concerning pd, I
have no clue about the most efficient way to convert letters into values, and i dont even know if
it is possible within pd?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Shalom

Cyrill