[PD] GEM part_size

yp_ yorick.p at gmail.com
Sun May 13 12:17:55 CEST 2007

Dear list,

I've been playing around with possibilities of GEM particles, and don't seem
to understand the function of the object [part_size]. Or more exact: I can't
manage to create a patch where this object takes any effect on the output.
Could anyone help me out with this? I've searched the archive but didn't
find anything closely related to an explanation of this object. The
reference doesn't help me out either, but maybe I'm not using it in the
right sequence of particle-objects. The [part_info] object does output 10
for size when I input 10 in [part_size] but the gemwindow keeps showing the
same results as with an input of 1.

I'm using OSX 10.4.9
Same (non-)results on Intel as on other macs

I'm searching for a way to easily get results in between the 1pixel lines
and the filled surfaces when working with particles, to open a graphical
playfield (like the blurry screensavers on macs). I had a feeling part_size
could help me out here, but maybe this object only affects the gravity, like
'mass' in pmpd?

Best regards,
Yorick